The email signature is a great way of letting the other person know who you are, what you do, your designation, your business and things about you. You can add signature which includes your name, designation, business logo, address, contact info or even your favorite quote at the end of every mail that you send.
But, writing the same thing at the end of every mail can be tedious and time taking. Thank God, there is the option to set the default signature in Gmail. Gmail will automatically add signature at the end of your email. And guess what, you can have different default signatures for different email accounts. Interesting! It is as easy as well! You just need to follow the steps below and you will be done.
Add Signature from Desktop
- Click the Gear icon on the top right, select Settings
- In the General tab, scroll down to the Signature section
- Select the account for which you want to set the signature (in case if you have multiple accounts configured)
- Enter the signature that you want for your mail.
- Insert images or format the signature using the formatting toolbar.
- Choose if you want to insert the signature before quoted text in replies and remove the “–” line that precedes it
- Hit Save Changes
Your signature will now be automatically added when you compose an email from the above set email account. You can edit it as per your requirement before sending.
Add Signature from Mobile
- In the Gmail app on your phone, click the hamburger icon on the top left
- Scroll down to Settings
- Select the account you want to set the signature for
- Scroll down to General section and click on the Mobile Signature option. It should show “Not Set” if you haven’t already set the signature from your mobile, for the selected account
- Enter the signature that you want for your mail (mobile app doesn’t support the images in the signature yet)
- Hit OK
That’s how easy it is. For the signature that you add, please keep in mind the following points:
- Do not write a paragraph for your signature, keep it simple and crisp
- Keep the valuable information in form of text, forwarding mail may lose the images
- Do not add personal information in the signature, you never know who the mail might be forwarded to
Yes, setting the default signature does save a lot of time! Go, add signature for yourself, now!